background

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Adopting For Life!

Kenneth and I were so blessed to go to the Adopting For Life conference at Southern Seminary this past weekend. It was great just walking the halls at seminary and remembering our time there. Kenneth wants to go back. I, for one, miss the learning, but do not miss the reading, papers, and exams one bit!

The conference was such an encouragement to us, and we got to hear messages from our favorite preachers--Dr. Russell Moore and Dr. David Platt. Both messages served as a reminder of our orphaned state, among other things. As I picture Abdi and Merga and the circumstances that they are in right now, I can't help but remember what my life was like before Christ. Spiritually speaking, I was fatherless, without hope, without love, hungry, starving, sick, sitting right in the middle of a disgusting mess and I didn't know any better. Praise the Lord that He rescued me from the darkness and brought me into His marvelous light! Christ rescued me, showered me with love, gave me a home, a family, life and hope. I am a rescued orphan.

As Dr. Moore so graciously said, "We are not the rescuers, but the rescued who extend our arms because we believe the gospel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment