Right now we are in the process of applying for serveral grants and no-interest loans. Most of these applications cannot be sent in until we have our home study completed. Hopefully all the paper work for our home study can be completed in the next couple of weeks so that we can get these grant applications in the mail. Our home study will be finished after our meeting on Thursday, and then it will be up to our social worker to complete the paper work. Please pray that our home study will go well on Thursday afternoon, and that our social worker will be able to get the paper work completed in a timely manner.
In addition to all the paper work for the grants and loans, we are still working on putting our dossier together. We have most of the documents needed, but we are still waiting on a certified copy of our marriage certificate and my birth certificate, as well as the completed home study.
Once we get our dossier together and sent off to Washington, we will just wait to be matched with a specific child in Ethiopia. Our case worker at Celebrate Children International told us that we probably will not wait long, if at all, to be matched with a child because no one is waiting for a baby boy right now. Although it is sad to think that no one is waiting to bring a baby boy home from Ethiopia right now, it is good news that we will probably not have to wait! Sometimes couples wait several months, if not close to a year before being matched with a specific child.
We look forward to updating you after our home study on Thursday!
- For our home study on Thursday afternoon. That God would give us the words to speak, and that He would guide the conversation.
- For our social worker. That she would be able to complete the home study paper work in a timely manner so that we can get our grant and loan applications in time.
- For the remaining documents to come in so that we can begin the final phases of putting our dossier together.
- That God would continue to provide for us-physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially.
- For our baby. That God would protect him and comfort him. If he is still in the womb, that his birth mother would care for him and for herself. If he is not, that those caring for him would be given the patience, grace and strength needed.
Once again, we thank you for partnering with us in this process to bring home an ex-orphan. Your encouragement and prayers are so much appreciated.