background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We Passed Court...Again!

Yesterday we had our final court case in our adoption. According to US law, we had to re-adopt the boys in order for them to be full US citizens. The boys came home on an I-4 visa, which means that they were permanent residents. Once the re-adoption goes through the boys become our children, as if we had them biologically but birthed them in a foreign country. They will even receive KY birth certificates.

Our court case passed yesterday morning and our boys officially became Adoniram Andrew and Asa Charles, citizens of the United States of America. The next few steps are pretty easy, as we will only need to file some paper work to get birth certificates and new social security cards. The paper work side of our adoption is almost complete! Last night I realized that our case here passed exactly 6 months from the date that we got off the plane with Aiden and Asa. God is definitely in the details!

I look back over the last 6 months and it is hard to believe all the changes that have taken place in my life. I am a different person. I can see how God has used these circumstances to refine me and show me just how much I need Him. I am in desperate need of His salvation and grace and the last 6 months have certainly proved that to be true! Yesterday in my devotions I was reading a passage out of psalms according to my "psalm reading schedule." It just so happened to be a passage that the Lord has put on my heart many times throughout the adoption (there are no coincidences when it comes to God's timing and His Word).

Psalm 126
When the LORD brought back the captive ones of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us; We are glad. Restore our captivity, O LORD, As the streams in the South. Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.

Although there has been lots of weeping, yesterday was a day of joyful shouting! PRAISE THE LORD! HE IS ALWAYS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment