Tuesday, September 14, 2010

UPDATE on Aiden

It has now been almost two weeks since we learned of the high enzyme numbers for Aiden's liver. We went to get him an ultrasound on 9-3 which came back normal. The good news is that it does not look diseased and his other organs look good too. The bad news is that we still do not know what is going on. We back to our pediatrician on 9-8 for more blood work. We were hoping that the numbers had at least stabilized or started to decline. His ALT number stabilized but his AST did not. His AST number actually went up 11 points. We are now waiting to see a specialist at UK hospital, and that appointment is not until mid November. For the time being we have to go back to the pediatrician for more blood work on 9-22. If his numbers have not stabilized or gone down we are going to have to see a specialist in Cincinnati.

In other news, we had to take him to an ENT on 9-9. We learned that he will need both his tonsils and adenoids removed. He will also need tubes put in his ears. This surgery is scheduled for 11-12. Right now he has a mild ear infection in one ear and a very bad infection in the other. Poor kid.

I continue to be thankful that God brought Aiden to us and we can, Lord willing, begin to get him the medical care he needs. Thank you to all who have been praying for Aiden and our family.


  1. Praying for Aiden! What a lot to go through for such a little guy. He's blessed to have parents who love him looking out for him and helping him get access to what he needs. Praying for you and Kenneth as you navigate these medical needs AND bring a new baby home -- it's a lot, but God will give you what you need every step of the way. :)