background

Friday, August 13, 2010

First Steps and Anniversary Weekend

This weekend is our 6 year wedding anniversary! I can honestly say that I am so thankful that I am married to Kenneth and there is no one else I would rather journey through life with! I cannot imagine doing this whole parenting and adoption thing with anyone else!

For our anniversary all we wanted was some rest! Our parents are having the kids over for a sleep-over this weekend so that we can rest in our own bed and not have to wake up with the kids in the morning. The boys are a huge blessing, but are so exhausting too. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to sleeping!!!! What a blessing that all of our boys have great relationships with both sets of grandparents and that the grandparents are willing to give us the gift of rest!

Asa took his first steps on Tuesday! The kid is already everywhere and into everything so I am very excited that he is starting to take his first steps. Maybe by the time Nathan arrives Asa will be a confident walker! It would certainly be nice to not have to carry two babies around everywhere we go.

Aiden has made some progress with his language. He is starting to put two words together more and more. We have a long way to go, but we are getting somewhere!

Noah continues to be an awesome big brother. He is so loving with Asa and so encouraging with Aiden. Although Noah and Aiden have their fair share of fights they are getting along so much better now and we are having to break up less and less bickering and shoving matches.

It feels like things are starting to calm down around our house. I am having less and less days where I feel like I should be locked in a mental facility. Every day gets a little better and a little easier (in general). I am just so thankful for God's grace and his forgiveness when I react in frustration, tiredness and stress. I pray that He would just give me the strength and patience to be the example of Christ that my children need to see in their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment