background

Friday, July 30, 2010

Could this be???

Okay, so I don't want to get ahead of myself....but Asa has slept through the night this whole week! 5 nights in a row! Kenneth and I are thrilled beyond belief that this might be the start of a permanent thing for Asa. Although I am still getting up multiple times throughout the night, being in my third trimester of pregnancy, it really helps that I am not having to tend to a crying 10 month old. Praise God! I am still really tired all the time but at least I haven't felt like I would fall over at any moment. Now it feels like my tiredness is more pregnancy related rather than getting up at all hours with other children.

Things at our house are still wild, but we are settling in. Asa seems as though he feels very secure in our family and that he doesn't even remember his life before us. He has become really attached to me in particular. He gets a huge smile when I walk into the room.

Aiden is well attached to Kenneth, but his relationship with me isn't as great as I would have hoped. I know that it will come with time but it is hard. I told Kenneth the other night that it is hard to keep giving and giving and giving and sacrificing when you feel rejected in return. His reply, "Isn't that just like the gospel?" True. Christ keeps giving and giving and giving and sacrificing and so often we reject him in our disobedience and ungrateful attitude. Again, this adoption has taught me so much about the gospel and what it means to be a follower of Christ. I am thankful that God has blessed me with the opportunity to learn in such a concrete way.

No comments:

Post a Comment