background

Friday, February 25, 2011

So Much For Resolutions....

So much for New Year's Resolutions. Mine was to blog more. Seeing as how it is almost March and I haven't blogged since before Christmas, I would say I am off to a rough start. Oh well.

Life is good, but it is incredibly busy with 4 boys! There is never a dull moment in our house. Noah makes us laugh all the time, Aiden loves to follow Noah around and do whatever he is doing, Asa never stops moving and Nathan wants his share of the attention too. By the time we get everyone to bed and pick up just a little bit, we are exhausted!

Aiden is doing well with pre-school, as far as we can tell. We never get any bad reports, but he never talks about school either. He always tells me that he has a good day when he gets off the bus but that is about all I get from him. He is just in his own little world and that is just fine with him.

Asa is improving with his weekly occupational therapy. The biggest change we have seen is in his attention span. Before therapy he would not sit still for 30 seconds. Now he can concentrate long enough to listen to a very short book or play with blocks for a couple of minutes by himself. We feel like we have a long way to go, but there is improvement!

I look back at a year ago and cannot believe how life has changed. At this time last year we had just accepted our referrals for Aiden and Asa, and found out that I was pregnant with Nathan a week to the day later. Wow. When I look at my journal from that time I admit that some of my worst fears have come true but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I feared being so tired and so overwhelmed. I feared feeling like I didn't have enough time or attention to go around. I feared how crazy things would be with 4 boys. Although all of those things are true for our life right now it comes in the midst of enormous blessing as well. I cannot imagine life without any of my children. I think to myself, "Life would be so boring without all this chaos!"

No comments:

Post a Comment